I know exactly why you’re reading this.
You want to expand your sexual pleasure to heights you’ve only dreamed of.
And you’re interested in incorporating anal play into your sex life.
You’re about to enter a world of extreme pleasure, one which goes way beyond G spot and clitoral orgasms.
So, what’s the best way to incorporate anal play?
With a butt plug!
Now, you might have a lot of questions about anal play, and butt plugs in particular, and that’s totally understandable. It could be a whole new world for you.
But don’t worry:
I’m going to give you all the tips and tricks you need, explain the how and why of butt plugs to you, and then I’m going to tell you all about the only 5 butt plugs you need to consider buying.
My First Surge Butt Plug
Our experts agree this plug is the best size for beginners and advanced users, and it comes with a vibrating feature which is next level. It’s our top choice.
What Exactly is a Butt Plug?
This is a sex toy, shaped somewhat like a plug, that you insert into your butt during sex or masturbation.
Now you might be wondering:
Isn’t anal play a bit taboo?
Anal play may not have been something you were told about in sex ed back in high school, but there’s certainly nothing taboo about it!
A whole new world of women are discovering the joys of incorporating anal play into their sex life.
You may not have this discussion with your friends, but I have, and trust me most women are at least curious about it.
Why Would I Want to Try Anal Play, Specifically With a Butt Plug?
Your anus and entire anal area is loaded with nerves, and this can create some amazing pleasure when its stimulated.
These toys are one of the best ways to incorporate anal play into your sex life. And likely the very best way if you are playing by yourself.
How Do I Use One of These Toys?
You can incorporate these into your sex time with a partner by using it during foreplay, intercourse, or oral sex. Or of course you can play with it during your solo sex times.
Lay on your back, on your side, on your front, squat overtop of it, or use it while standing up.
Your possibilities for using a butt plug are endless.
Experiment to find the position that feels the best and gives you the most pleasure.
How Does it Actually Feel?
Because of the large amount of nerve endings in the anal area it is therefore a huge erogenous zone which will very likely bring you extreme pleasure.
Some woman find it adds a touch of awesome stimulation which throws them over the top during intercourse with a partner, or when masturbating using their hands or other toys.
Other women find anal play is what turns them on most of almost any sexual touch, and it becomes almost necessary in order for them to orgasm.
A few women even report being able to orgasm from anal stimulation alone!
You’ll never know what it does for you until you try it!
Do Men Buy Butt Plugs?
Yes, men buy these too!
No matter your gender, or sexual orientation, anal play is fun for absolutely everyone.
Some men buy them to use for their solo enjoyment, while others buy them to introduce into sex play with their partners.
What Else Do I Need to Know Before Buying?
Always, always, always use a good quality lube when using one, or engaging in any type of anal play for that matter. Find our top anal lubes here.
This area doesn’t come with natural lubricant and you certainly don’t want to create any friction or pain, so lubrication is absolutely essential to add it in.
Also, you need to relax!
It’s completely normal to feel a little strange, and possibly a bit painful, the first few times you use one. Breathing deeply and relaxing, along with all that lube, should help to make it a lot more comfortable, and pleasurable.
For some more great advice on how to use these check out this informative Allure Magazine article.
Also, if you need more information in general about anal sex, consider reviewing Jessica’s full anal sex 101 guide here.
The Best Butt Plugs on the Market
I bet you’re now pretty eager to buy a butt plug and get started exploring!
But there are a lot of them on the market, and most of them aren’t as well designed as they claim to be.
So, here are the only 5 options you need to consider buying, the ones which do totally live up to all their claims.
1. My 1st Surge Vibrating Butt Plug
This is great not only for beginners, but more advanced users never tire of it either. It’s truly that good!
It’s a nice size, so you will definitely feel it and know it’s hitting all those nerve endings, but it’s also not so big so that it’s intimidating for beginners or too hard to use.
And, on top of all the stimulation you receive from this simply being slid into place, there are also 10 incredible vibrating functions which are all very easy to cycle through with the easy push of a button on the attached remote.
- This plug is a great size and shape to fit nicely and feel very comfortable.
- It’s great for beginners as well as those who have used these toys many times before.
- The flared base allows you to be in total control of insertion and movement.
- The vibration settings offer you a great range and variety.
- The settings are easy to cycle through on the remote.
- The base is a suction cup so you can attach it to a table or another solid base if you want to keep it in place while you play.
- It’s made from a soft, durable, easy to clean silicone material.
- Some people don’t like that the vibrating settings start off high and then cycle down to low.
- It’s remote is attached by a cord, which some people find gets in the way a bit.
2. 3 Piece Anal Play Kit
This fabulous anal kit comes with 3 different, uniquely shaped butt plugs. Figure out which one works best for your pleasure, or mix them up depending on your mood.
This kit is a great one to buy if your partner is also interested in anal because you can both pick a favourite!
Each one is a little different so you can experiment to see if you like ribbed, smooth or a larger bubble. They’re also very discreet to use, even if you’re out in public!
And, they’re all waterproof so you can take them into the shower or bath for some fun water play.
- You get 3 sizes and shapes to choose from.
- The base shape is easy to handle and maneuver.
- The base is also small and curved to fit around your butt cheeks, so you can wear it continuously, under your clothes, and no one will know.
- All 3 plugs all made from a soft, flexible smooth material.
- All 3 plugs are totally waterproof.
- None of these plugs vibrate, which some people enjoy.
3. Annabelle Knight Oh My! Jewelled Butt Plug Set
Oh la la! These are definitely the fanciest butt plugs around!
Not only are these a beautiful color, but they both have a special little dazzling adornment on the bottom.
This set comes with two different sized, super soft plugs which are molded perfectly and very easy to insert and hold in place.
- These plugs are silky soft and easy to use and clean.
- The set comes with two great sizes for you to experiment with.
- These plugs are a beautiful color and both have a cool bedazzled feature on the bottom.
- The base is small enough so you can wear it discreetly while walking around.
- These have no vibration setting, which some people like.
4. We-Vibe Ditto Rechargeable Remote and App Control Blue Butt Plug
This perfectly slides into place and the bulbous bulb creates so much pleasure it’s incredible!
It’s made from a super silky material and is waterproof so you can take your fun almost anywhere.
As if that wasn’t enough a special remote control offers a variety of vibration speeds. And it’s USB rechargeable and offers quite a long play time on one charge.
And the most awesome feature this has is that you, or a partner, can also control it through an app!
That’s right, even if your partner is across the country, they can control your vibrations. Wow!
The app can also connect any other We-vibe products you may own.
- This is a great shape and sits nicely in place.
- The different vibrations it comes with are vast and incredible.
- The material is super soft and feels great to the touch.
- It’s waterproof so you can take your play into the water.
- This is USB rechargeable, which most people appreciate.
- You get a fair amount of play time on one charge.
- You, or a partner, can use the remote or an app to control the vibrations.
- With the app the person controlling the vibrations can be miles away.
- Some people find this to be a bit small.
- The app can be a bit confusing to figure out at first, especially when connecting other we-vibe devices.
- Using the app to control the plug uses quite a lot of space and battery power on your phone.
5. Adam & Eve Booty Boot Camp Training Kit
No matter what size you end up liking when it comes to butt plugs this kit will have it!
This set of 3 allows you to work up from beginner to advanced.
The different sizes of these plugs allow you to get any kind of sensation, any time you want.
All 3 of these plugs come with suction bases so you can stick them to any flat surface and be hands free during play.
- The kit comes with 3 different sized toys.
- This kit has perfect plugs for beginner, intermediate, and advanced play.
- These plugs are made from a soft silicone which cleans up nicely.
- The plugs are tapered and flexible which makes them super easy to insert and maneuver.
- The suction bases allow you to be hands free.
- The plugs are waterproof so you can play in the shower or bath.
- None of these vibrate, which some people like.
So, Which One is the Winner?
All of my recommendations are truly the superior choices in the butt plug category.
They are all well designed and constructed with anatomy in mind and are all able to take a woman, or man, to heights of pleasure they were unaware of.
Some women enjoy the vibration settings some butt plugs offer, while others can live without it, so that makes picking just one winner extra difficult.
But, if I had to choose, my top pick is the My 1st Surge Vibrating Butt Plug.
This plug is a great size, for beginners right through to experienced users, it’s made with some great materials, is molded to hit in all the right places, and yes, the many vibrating settings feel pretty darn fabulous.
And I know I like having the suction base to attach to a surface to keep my hands free to be in control of the remote, among other things.
If vibrations aren’t your thing, it’s not necessary to use them, and you can also use the base to move it around instead of suctioning it to another surface.
So, experiment away, use lots of lube, and enjoy all the new sensations you’re experiencing!